Get pre-approved for your home mortgage loan
At 1RATE, you get tailor-made mortgage loan solutions that fit within YOUR unique requirements. We provide a hassle-free process that has been designed to give our clients the smoothest home buying experience.
A home is a big purchase - likely the biggest one you'll make. For many homebuyers, that is a little intimidating. You need to make sure you're making the smartest financial decisions and choosing the right property at the right price and the right time. We will help you every step of the way.
The Home Buying Journey
Hand-picked loan options2
Processing your loan3
Welcome to the finish line4
We're Built Different
We can tell you how we're different, but why don't you read what our clients say about us instead.Read Our Reviews Click on Read Our Reviews
Average Client Satisfaction
14.7 days or less
Average days Clear to Close
We Work Different
What to expect when you work with us:
Patience: We will guide you every step of the way at your own pace.
Transparency: We can keep you in the loop with everything we do.
Expertise: We will use our experience to answer any questions you may have.
Home loan solutions that fit your needs
From buying your home to refinancing, one of our mortgage advisors will help you through the process of finding the right solution.See Our Solutions Click on See Our Solutions
We are client-first by being employee-first
“... These guys are like the Four Seasons of the Mortgage Lending industry.”
Readings from our experts
Aug 12, 2022
What Does the Rest of the Year Hold for Home Prices?
Whether you’re a potential homebuyer, seller, or both, you probably want to know: will home prices fall this year? Let’s break down what’s happening with home prices, whe...Click on View Blog
May 18, 2022
Helping our military veterans find their dream home in Maryland
● No down payment ● No mortgage insurance ● Lower interest rates While being in the military makes you eligible to get a loan, there are still things you need to do and ...Click on View Blog
Frequently Asked Questions
- What's A Conditional Approval In The Mortgage Process Conditional approval means the lender's underwriting team is satisfied with your loan application but needs you to provide additional information before you can be fully approved. Being conditionally approved doesn’t mean you're loan is approved. It means the lender is willing to loan you the money if you satisfy their list of conditions.
- How do I get an Appraisal Waiver? An appraisal waiver is determined by either FannieMae or FreddieMac's automated technology. No lender or loan officer alone can determine if a property will receive an appraisal waiver.
- What’s the difference between a Mortgage Broker and Mortgage Lender? A mortgage lender is a financial institution that provides loans directly to you. However, a mortgage broker does not lend money. They match the lender with the borrower based on the borrower's specific situation and needs. The advantages of using a mortgage broker is a broker may work with many lenders in order to find the best deals.
- How quickly can I close (settle)?
We typically receive Clear to Close/Settle within 15 days. Settlement can occur much sooner but typically our speed is restricted by the responsiveness of the borrower, waiting for title work to be completed and/or appraisal to be completed.
For purchases, this will also depend on the flexibility of the seller and their timeline.
- What’s the difference between a Loan Cost and Closing Cost?
Closing costs are broken into two categories: loan costs and other costs.
Loan costs can consist of some or all of the following: appraisal fee, title fees, credit report fee, administrative fees, and underwriting fees. Ask your loan advisor about closing cost for your unique situation.
Other costs typically will consist of taxes and prepaids. If the borrower is escrowing their homeowner's insurance and property tax, this will be part of the Other costs.